Friday, September 25, 2015

Haggai 2:1-9, Psalm 43 1-4, Luke 9 18-22

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Haggai 2:1-9, Psalm 43 1-4, Luke 9 18-22

Haggai 2:1-9


My Beloved, I claim these promises that the Lord has made to the people of Israel through the prophet Haggai for myself, “Do not be discouraged. Begin to work, for I am with you, says the Lord. Do not be afraid for my spirit is in your midst.” And again, “In this place I will give peace.”

I am grateful to You my Beloved for new beginnings. Once again I surrender my whole life into Your hands and I ask that You direct me through the power of Your Holy Spirit. Use me in whatever capacity You will no matter how small or inconsequential it may be in the eyes of the world. Just use me but remain with me as I pledge to remain in You. 

Psalm 43 1-4


You my Beloved are my God, You are my stronghold. With You beside me I will rejoice. No more mourning I shall not fear the enemy. I will not permit the enemy to oppress me because You my Lord are with me. Your light and Your truth are in my heart to guide me and lead me to the place where You dwell.  You are reason for my joy. You put a song of praise and gladness in my heart. My soul shall exult in You all the days of my life.

Luke 9 18-22


My Beloved, prayer is the lifeline that connects us to You and to heaven. Even in the midst of a crowd we can still be alone with You linked to You, talking to You. The world knows You in one way and those who are members of Your Body know You in a radically different way. It is for each one of us to live in such a way that people will recognize who You really are just as Peter testified, “The Messiah of God.”

However, we must always remember that the servant is not greater than the Master and all that You endured in the world is to be our lot as well. Our hope though lies in Your Resurrection. If You shared in our death You promises that we will have a share in Your Resurrection. In this world we may suffer persecution, rejection and some of us may have to lay down our lives should You ask it for the sake of the Gospel but the glorious truth is that we will be raised to life in You. Death does not have the last word – You do – the Eternal Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment