Tuesday, June 9, 2015

2 Corinthians 1:18-22, Psalm 119:129-133, 135, Matthew 5:13-16

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

2 Corinthians 1:18-22, Psalm 119:129-133, 135, 
Matthew 5:13-16

2 Corinthians 1:18-22

My Beloved there is mystery but no contradiction in the faith. Your Word is clear and those who preach must do so without compromising the truth. Your Word is either 'Yes' or 'No,' it cannot be both. We are not to sow confusion but are called to witness to the truth with clarity. 

In You my Beloved the YES and AMEN of the Father and the Holy Spirit are made visible. Anointed by the Spirit and strengthened by the Sacraments we are called to serve You wholeheartedly and without reserve. Sealed in Your Spirit through Baptism You have given us a share in Your inheritance making us co-heirs with You to the Kingdom. Thank You.

Psalm 119:129-133, 135

Truly, my Beloved, one needs an open childlike spirit to accept the wonder of Your promises. They are so glorious and so unfathomable that only one who is meek and humble will believe and obey. You are gracious and kind You do not force us to do Your will even though it is for our good, rather You desire that we freely seek to do it always. We are fully alive and happy when we keep Your commands.

Thank You for Your Holy Spirit who lives in me and guides and directs my life. Thank You for Your watchful and loving gaze on me always protecting me and keep me from all evil.

Matthew 5:13-16

My Beloved, we are called to be salt and light in the world. We are to bring the flavor or Christ in this sin laden word. We are to shine Your light in a world that is getting hideously dark through sin.  I cannot call myself Your disciple if I do not make myself available to those around me. You have given me freely of Your love and kindness these I must give to others so they too can know and love You. 

There is no greater joy than this to know and love You. This joy is made perfect when we are able to teach others to know and love You as well, so together we can all praise our Father in heaven, for the Gift of Salvation freely given to all through You, His most beloved Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment