Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Micah 5:1-4A, Psalm 13:6, Matthew 1:1-16, 18-23

 The Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Micah 5:1-4A, Psalm 13:6, Matthew 1:1-16, 18-23

Micah 5:1-4A


My Beloved, You are Peace and You are Emmanuel God with us. God Himself ordained that You would come into the earth through the Virgin Mary and become the means by which all mankind who was separated from Him through original sin would become reconciled to Him in and through You. Our exile has ended and the gates of heaven are thrown open to us again and we are all invited to enter through You.

Mary’s whole life was a yielding, a submission, an obedience in perfect humility to the will of God. Today  as the Church celebrates the dawn of salvation through her birth grant that we may strive to imitate her, beg her intercession to help us to navigate this valley of tears with confidence in the merits that You, her beloved Son won for us on the Cross. O Good Shepherd and my Redeemer despise not my prayers but answer me. Amen.

Psalm 13:6

My Beloved, “I will put my trust in Your unfailing love, my heart will rejoice on seeing Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me.”

Matthew 1:1-16, 18-23

In these few verses my Beloved, the whole plan of God is revealed beginning with Abraham and ending with Your birth. You pierced time and space at the will of the Father in order to redeem us and to regain what we had lost through sin.

Mary , Your Mother was born immaculate without the taint of original sin through the merits of her First Born Son and Savior. You gave her to us as our Mother as well as You hung dying on the Cross. She has never failed me and she never will for Your sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment