Friday, September 11, 2015

1 Tim 1:1-2, 12-14, Psalm 16:1B-2A, 5, 7-8, 11, Luke 6 39-42

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Tim 1:1-2, 12-14, Psalm 16:1B-2A, 5, 7-8, 11, Luke 6 39-42

1 Tim 1:1-2, 12-14


My Beloved, grace, mercy and peace are the Father’s gift to me through You. I am a true daughter in the faith because it is the good pleasure of the Father to grant me this privilege since I am grafted to Your Body and You are His First Born Son.

You are my strength. You took pity on this poor miserable sinner who deserved eternal death and gave me new life by entering into my death. Thank You for the abundance of grace You make available to me from the rising of the sun until its setting because You love me. I believe, I hope and I trust in You my Lord and my God.

Psalm 16:1B-2A, 5, 7-8, 11


My Beloved, You are my refuge, my hiding place. I come to You for deliverance and You save me. You feed me on the finest wheat and fill my mouth with the sweetest honey. You hold me secure in Your hand. You Holy Spirit makes my body His temple and instructs me night and day so I will not put one foot astray. You lead me and guide me, You live in me, You make Your home in me. No harm shall come to me for the Lord my God is above me, below me, around me, and within me. In You I will know joy and peace all my days. Thank You.

Luke 6 39-42

My Beloved, You are not afraid to call out our sins and our offences like You do in these verses. Unless I know myself as I am I will never be able to weed out all that is unworthy of a child of God. Help me to hold the mirror of truth before my soul and to see there all the wickedness that lies within me. Only through brutal honesty and my own myriad weaknesses, faults and failings can I hope  to bring them before Your infinite mercy and beg for help to rid myself of them.

Lord, be merciful to me a sinner. Help me to overcome my faults and my concupiscence to sin and instead of nit picking the faults of others help me to correct my own. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment