Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Ezra 9:5-9, Tobit 13:2-4, 7-8, Luke 9:1-6

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Ezra 9:5-9,  Tobit 13:2-4, 7-8, Luke 9:1-6

Ezra 9:5-9


Verse 6 

I said, “My God! I am ashamed and confused, my God, I do not dare raise my eyes to you for our sins have increased over our heads and our crimes reach up to the heavens.


My Beloved, the lament of Ezra is our own today. The sins of the world rise up and call Your judgment upon us. We deserve to Your punishment. We deserve to be annihilated for our wickedness has fouled up Your beautiful creation. Yet, You do not punish us according to our guilt even though we deserve it from the greatest to the least You continue to show us mercy and compassion. We praise and thank You for those who although in the world have remained incorruptible. Thank You for the remnant that continues to be faithful and offer and exemplary witness of how to live godly lives in a fallen world. Count me too my Beloved among the faithful and grant me the grace to also shine my poor, feeble light which is only a reflection of Your Light.

Tobit 13:2-4, 7-8
 
My Beloved, we exult because You are a faithful God. Despite our iniquity, despite the fact that You chastise us for our sins yet You are merciful, loving and tender. You do not condemn us but lead us as a loving Father. Thank You for not treating us as we deserve but for constantly granting us Your saving help. May my life be one of constant praise and thanksgiving for all You have done for me. Give me a grateful heart so I may always speak of all the ways in which You have blessed me. 

Thank You my Beloved.

Luke 9:1-6

My Beloved, here is a blueprint for all missionaries – all who are baptized. It will do us well to always remember that it is You who call, You who empower, You who send with a specific task. You who instruct us on how to prepare, what to carry and how to conduct ourselves. Our response is to surrender completely to Your will and allow Your Holy Spirit free rein as we go about doing what You call us to do everyday faithfully. We cannot do it on our own and so You heap grace upon grace in the Sacraments which is the source of all grace. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment