Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Colossians 3:1-11, Psalm 145:2-3, 10-11, 12-13, Luke 6:20-26

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Colossians 3:1-11, Psalm 145:2-3, 10-11, 12-13, Luke 6:20-26

Colossians 3:1-11

My Beloved, St. Paul does not mince his words in these verses. A true follower strives to live from moment to in imitation of You putting to death all that is sinful in us all earthly desires. We are called to be in the world but not of it. Our witness in our daily lives must be so powerful that all who see us see You in us. I am hidden with You in God. This is awesome and I must be aware of this truth. No evil can touch me, no harm can come to me. Your glory will be my glory when I am called from this life to eternity with You.

Help me Lord to strive faithfully to put to death all the sinful ways in me I implore You. I am a new creation in You my Beloved, help me never to forget it.

Psalm 145:2-3, 10-11, 12-13


My Beloved, all my experience of You from the moment I first drew breath has taught me that I can trust You for You are faithful. Your love is everlasting. I will praise You with every breath I breathe. I will extol Your Name for You are great and worth of worship, adoration, thanksgiving and love.  All that You have created glorifies You and I do too my Lord and my God.

You are true to every promise You have made. Thank You my Beloved for Your kindness and faithfulness to me and mine.

Luke 6:20-26

My Beloved, I am Your disciple. I am a member of Your Body, the Church You founded on Peter the Rock.  So these verses are addressed to me. Help me not to complain when life does not go as I would like it to rather help me to remember that all things work for God for those who belong to You and that I can do all things in You who give me strength.

I am not called to be liked by everyone rather I am called to do the will of God every moment of my life.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart make my heart like Your Own. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment