Friday, December 11, 2015

Isaiah 48:17-19, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Matthew 11:16-19

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 48:17-19, Psalm 1:1-4, 6, Matthew 11:16-19

Isaiah 48:17-19

My Beloved, today You speak to me through the mouth of the prophet reminding me that You teach me all that is for me good. You lead me in the Way of Life and I have Your assurance that if I obey Your commandments which are summed up in the two great commandments to love God first and above all and my neighbor as myself that everything I do will prosper and that the blessings will flow not only on me and mine but on all  those who come after me.

Thank you Beloved.

Psalm 1:1-4, 6

My Beloved, the psalmist reminds us to follow You always if we are to walk in the light that gives life. We are called to consciously turn away from those people or places that lure us to evil and choose rather to read, study and meditate on Your Word whether asleep or awake. You promise that our lives will be fruitful and that we will prosper in everything we do. Give us a heart and a spirit my Beloved that seeks Your Face always and grant that our life is rooted deeply in You.

Matthew 11:16-19

My Beloved, if we prefer the way of sinners and the flesh then we will find any excuse not to obey Your Word and follow You. We will be stubborn in our refusal to do what is right, good and wise. We would rather follow the path that leads to death  than to act on the grace made available to us freely and abundantly each day. Nothing good speaks to our spirit because we deliberately choose to see evil in good and good in evil. However, despite the deliberately blindness of the wicked Your Life, Your Word and Your Works prove that You are indeed God. 

Grant O Lord, that I may never cling to folly so blindly that I would rather die in sin than admit that I have been a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment