Saturday, December 5, 2015

Isaiah 30:19-21, 23-26, Psalm 147:1-6, Matthew 9:35, 10:1,5-8

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 30:19-21, 23-26, Psalm 147:1-6, Matthew 9:35, 10:1,5-8

Isaiah 30:19-21, 23-26

My Beloved, in these verses the prophet foretells Your coming. All who seek You will find You. You will hear the cry of all who call Your Name. You who are the Bread of Angels will feed us and strengthen us both by Your Word and Your Body and Blood. You will become our food and drink which will be the source of life for us.  You will give us Your Holy Spirit who will lead us in the way that we should go – the way that leads to the Kingdom and to Life.

As long as we are here on earth You will ensure  that we lack for nothing as we scatter the seed of Your Word. All You ask of us is to sow the seed of the Good News and You will ensure that the seed will bear fruit for the glory of God.  In the place where You dwell, in Your Church You will provide streams of living water that will never dry and when at last You come again in glory to claim Your own we will not need the light of sun or moon for the Son of God will be our Light forever.  You who forgive our sins and bear our burdens, You who save us will come for us just as You have promised. This is our hope which finds its fulfillment in You.

Psalm 147:1-6

My Beloved, the psalmist reminds us how great You are, awesome in power and majesty. You are Wisdom, You are goodness, You are full of love and compassion, tenderness  and mercy for You see how weak and helpless we are.  You heal our brokenness. Your bind our wounds. You who know the number of stars in the sky and who has a name for each because You set them in their place in the firmament are constantly stooping tenderly like a mother over me. You breathe every breath I need to live. You cause my heart and my pulse to beat. If You take Your breath away I shall no longer live. Of this I can be sure – that all my days if I choose to live in the shadow beneath Your wings, I will live in  peace in the midst of strife, I will have plenty in the midst of want, I will never be hungry or thirsty for You are my food and my drink. You sustain me because I am Yours.

Matthew 9:35, 10:1,5-8

My Beloved, each one of us who are baptized and are Your followers have been given the same mission that You entrusted to Your Apostles. Each one of us, according to our vocation, have been sent in Your Name to proclaim the Good News of our salvation. Each one of us is called to tell our story of how You found us, consoled us, healed us and saved us. You empower each one of us through the Gifts given to us by Your Holy Spirit in the Sacraments – we have no strength or resources of our own but we have at our disposal Your power to speak the Word with boldness. We have to step out in faith, confident that what You have promised You will fulfill. Speaking in Your Name we will have authority to heal the sick, the drive out demons, raise the dead, cleanse lepers and drive out demons. Freely we have received every good and perfect gift from You and we are called to give freely that which we have received.

The world is spiritually sick we are called to give the world hope – the same hope that we have in You. Bless abundantly my Lord, all those who are faithful to the mission that You have entrusted to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment