Tuesday, December 29, 2015

1 John 2:3-11, Psalm 96:1-3, 5-6, Luke 2:22-35

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 John 2:3-11, Psalm 96:1-3, 5-6, Luke 2:22-35

1 John 2:3-11

My Beloved, I am reminded today that if I truly desire to have perfect union with You in this world then I must keep You commandments. If I do not keep Your commandments then the light of revealed Truth is not in me and I walk in darkness for the Light in me has gone and Your Life is no longer found in me.

There is only one commandment and if we keep it we will always walk in the light of love and darkness will flee from us for darkness abhors the light. The one sure way of being certain that I am in union with You my Beloved, is to love everyone I encounter each day. I must see You in those whom are in my life or those who touch it through the hours of the day. If I do not love those I see then I cannot profess to love You. If I do I am a liar and darkness envelops me. There is no life in me. Life is truly more than food and drink – it is living in the light of revealed Truth- Truth that sets me free.

Psalm 96:1-3, 5-6

My Beloved, You have renewed the face of the earth at Your coming into the world. Heaven and earth rejoices and all that is in it. You have brought hope and peace to all who believe in You and we now live in the age of revelation. God revealed Himself to us in the Flesh. Love became incarnate for us so that we may touch Him, taste Him, gaze upon Him even while we live our days here on earth.

Thank You Father for the Gift of the Holy Eucharist. Thank You Holy Spirit of God for the power of Love between the Father and the Son that generates the Fount of Love. Thank You Beloved, for the Gift of the Holy Spirit who makes it possible to love Your commandments and obey them through the grace He provides and which are channeled through the Sacraments. Truly my Lord both heaven and earth have cause to sing and rejoice as we wait for Your second coming. Marantha Lord Jesus! Maranatha!

Luke 2:22-35

My Beloved, how wonderful it would be if it could be said of all Christian men that they were upright and devout like Simeon and St Joseph too. In fact this is not a call to men only but to Christian women as well. If we are upright and devout we can be sure that the Holy Spirit will make His home in us and we will be guided and led by Him just as Simeon was.

In the opening verses we are told that the day had come for the purification according to the law of Moses.  There is a time for everything and when that day comes we must do all that God requires of us faithfully exactly as He desires. Mary and Joseph did all that the law required; they fulfilled all the demands of their Jewish faith not holding themselves above the law even though they knew that You were the Son of God. They offered the sacrifice of the poor - a pair of turtle doves.

The old man Simeon approached Mary and Joseph, took You in his arms and he knew that God had fulfilled His promise to him. His eyes beheld the Savior of the world and he was at peace. Simeon saw what the people did not – the Messiah was born who would be a light to the nations, and bringing the world back to God. He prophesied that You would be the glory of the people of God and Mary and Joseph gazed at Simeon wondering what were these things that he said concerning You. You were to be a sign of  contradiction and looking at Mary, Your Mother, he said that a sword would pierce her soul. As great as her joy was in living in close intimacy with You, flesh of her flesh, loving you with the fervor of her whole being she was also to suffer all that You suffered in Your own Body and Spirit although her wounds would though not physical but spiritual would nevertheless be just as intense as Your Own for You my Beloved who are God was also her Boy, her Baby, her Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment