Wednesday, August 26, 2015

1 Thes 2:9-13, Psalm 139:7-12, Matthew 23:27-32

 DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Thes 2:9-13, Psalm 139:7-12, Matthew 23:27-32

1 Thes 2:9-13


My Beloved, St. Paul reminds us that the word of God is alive in us and is at work in us. If I am called to be a witness and I am, then my life must be holy, just and blameless before those that I witness to or my witness is worthless. 


We are called to pray, warn, encourage. and urge all to live in ways that are pleasing to God who has called us out of darkness to share in Your glory. My Beloved, if our witness is truly sincere then many will come to believe and together we can give You all the glory, honor, worship and thanksgiving that is due to You.

Psalm 139:7-12

My Beloved, how comforting are the words of this psalm. No matter how alone I may feel, how lost or bereft, You are with me. Your Presence surrounds me. You pursue me no matter where I go and You keep me safe in Your love and in Yourself. I shall not be afraid. I shall not allow my fears to overwhelm me. I shall not let loneliness darken my spirit for You my God are with me and I am not alone. Nothing can separate me from Your love.

Matthew 23:27-32

My Beloved, hypocrisy is abhorrent to You because it deceives people into believing our lies. We hide our true selves under a veneer of piety and in doing so we make a mockery of what is truly good and noble. We are called to be without guile; simple, open, and available. What people see in us must be in accordance with what You see in us.

Jesus meek and humble of heart make my heart like Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment