Saturday, August 29, 2015

1 Thes 4:9-11, Psalm 71: 1-6, 15, 1 , Mark 6:17-29

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

1 Thes 4:9-11, Psalm 71: 1-6, 15, 1 , Mark 6:17-29

1 Thes 4:9-11

My Beloved, St. Paul reminds us that it is You who taught us how to love. Agape love, the love that God bears for us is difficult for sinners and often seems impossible yet we are called to love with a selfless, sacrificial love. We are called to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters as You lay down Your life for us.

Help me Lord! Grant me the grace and help I need through the indwelling of Your Holy Spirit in me.

Psalm 71: 1-6, 15, 17

My Beloved, You have always come to my help and saved me. Thank You for being my rock, my fortress, my deliverer and my stronghold. My troubles are many and my weaknesses legion but I thank You for never forsaking me despite my sinfulness. I wish to praise You all the days of my life, grant me this grace to be always grateful for Your many blessing on me and mine.

Mark 6:17-29

My Beloved, guard me against the folly of making vows lightly. Herod found out the hard way that one does not make foolish oaths in public; adding insult to injury he is prepared to carry out the oath rather than lose face and do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment