Saturday, September 26, 2009

Zechariah 2:9, 14-15, Jeremiah 31: 10, Luke 9:44-45

Zec 2:9, 14-15
...I myself will be around her like a wall of fire, and also within her in glory. Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion, for I am about to come, I shall dwell among you.....my dwelling is with you.

Jeremiah 31:10
The Lord will guard us as a shepherd guards his flock.

Luke 9:44-45
"Listen and remember what I tell you now. The Son of Man will be delivered into human hands." But the disciples didn't understand this saying; something prevented them from grasping what He meant, and they were afraid to ask Him about it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Beloved, I claim all these promises for myself and my family. Make Your dwelling not only in our hearts and in our home, but at the centre of our family life.

Beloved, when You say listen and remember then I must be all attention and ready and willing to do what You say. Often, although I am ready and willing - I am hard of understanding even though what You say is pretty clear. Fear grips my heart. I do not want to understand because it is a hard and painful thing. I may have to give up some creature comfort. Something that is a hindrance to a closer union with You and I am not willing to ask You what You mean because I am afraid You will tell me precisely that which I am afraid to hear. But through experience I know Beloved that whatever I give up You bless me greatly with something even better - thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment