Wednesday, September 16, 2009

1 Timothy 3:15, Luke 7:35

1 Timothy 3:15
The Church of the living God, which is the pillar and foundation of truth.

The Church is a place made up of sinners in need of a Savior. It is in this Church, we find Christ the Head who has left the apostles and their successors as its pillar and foundation. It is He who will preserve His Church from evil and error.

Luke 7:35
Next came the Son of Man, eating and drinking, and you say, "Look, a glutton for food and wine, a friend of tax collectors and sinners." But the children of Wisdom always recognise her work.

How glad I am that You are a friend of tax collectors and sinners because I will always find a place at Your table.
My Beloved these last few days You have been teaching me about true love. I have not really understood how You see me and love me. I am Your child - a child with weaknesses and failings and You know all of them. You watch as I struggle and Your heart is moved with love and compassion for me. You are ready to help me should I need it. You watch over me all the time. Often You let me struggle alone because You know that it makes me stronger and more confident when through grace, I overcome difficulties. But Your arms are wide open ready to lift me and help me should I need it.

Psalm 111:5 Always mindful of His covenant, He provides food for those who fear Him.

The unsearchable riches and treasures of God is His infinite capacity to love me, to fill me, pressed down, shaken and running over with His indescribable love. My Beloved, all I need to do is glory in that love and respond to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment