Thursday, May 3, 2018

Numbers 24:2-7, 15-17, Psalm 25:4-9, Matthew 21:23-27


DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Numbers 24:2-7, 15-17, Psalm 25:4-9, Matthew 21:23-27

Numbers 24:2-7, 15-17

My Beloved, the whole of salvation history before You pierced time and came into the world, is filled with hope and longing for You the Son of God and the Son of Man. Every word that the evangelist John wrote so beautifully speaking of You as the Word who always was with God and who is God, God from God, light from light, true God from true God is spoken of also in the words uttered by Balaam.  He was a given a vision concerning You and spoke of Your coming. Long, long before the Star that shone in the east to guide shepherd and wise men, he spoke of the Star that would come from Jacob to rule as King of kings and Lord of lords and whose Kingdom would have no end.

We long for Your second coming Beloved when You come again to claim us for Yourself forever.

Psalm 25:4-9

My Beloved, along with the psalmist I ask You to teach me Your Way of Truth which leads to Life. Let me walk in the Way that You have walked and I will not stumble or fall. Take me by the hand and walk beside me. Continue to show me Your compassion for You know that I am weak and prone to sin and without Your constant and ever-present help I shall perish. Thank You for You kindness to me continue to be gracious to me my Beloved as You have been in the past. Thank You for Your goodness in remembering me always and providing all I need every moment of the day. Keep me aware of my need of You – knowing that I am nothing without You will keep me humble and teachable.

Matthew 21:23—27


No comments:

Post a Comment