Monday, September 14, 2009

Numbers 21:5, 7-9, John 3:6

Numbers 21:5
...we are disgusted with this tasteless manna.
vs 7-9 Moses pleaded for the people and Yaweh said to him, "Make a fiery serpent and set it on a standard; whoever has been bitten and then looks at it shall live." So Moses made a bronze serpent and set it on a standard. Whenever a man was bitten, he looked towards the bronze serpent and he lived.

Beloved, it was God who provided the manna to sustain the people. How shocking to complain so bitterly about a gift and yet I am guilty of the same offence. I am never satisfied. Thank You that whenever I am bitten by the poison of sin, I can look at You who was pierced for me and I can live.

My Beloved, You emptied Yourself completely - You took on our nature and became one like us in order to take on Yourself our sin and punishment so You could save us. Give me a grateful, loving, thankful heart.

John 3:6 Yes, God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him may not be lost, but may have eternal life. God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world; instead; through Him the world is to be saved."

This verse has been quoted a zillion times and yet we will never fully fathom the length, breadth, height of God's love. Thank You Abba. There is no way of fully comprehending the love of the Father in asking His First Born, His own Beloved Son to take on what I should have suffered.

All that You suffered Beloved in Your passion should have been my punishment and shame. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment