Friday, February 6, 2015

Hebrews 13:1-8, Psalm 27:1-3, 5, 8-9, Mark 6:1-6

Hebrews 13:1-8, Psalm 27:1-3, 5, 8-9, Mark 6:1-6

Hebrews 13:1-8

My Beloved, we are called to live in loving fellowship with each other. We are called to show hospitality to the stranger - like Abraham we could be unknowingly entertaining angels. We are called to remember and pray for those who are suffering, the deprived, the outcast, the weak, the poor, the marginalized, the persecuted, those with diseases. We too have a body so we can and must empathise with them. We cannot be indifferent to the sufferings of others. We must rely on You to supply all our needs and not put our trust in what we possess. We must be satisfied, for God gives us enough to meet our present need and entrusting tomorrow to His providence. 

We must take God at His Word when He says, "I will never leave you or forsake you or abandon you." In the face of our worst fears we must be able to say confidently in faith,"The Lord is my Helper I am not afraid of what man can do to me." We have a whole communion of Saints who have triumphed, this encourages us that it is possible to live a godly life in an ungodly age and because most importantly of all my Beloved, we have You who are unchanging, steadfast in loving us yesterday, today and forever.

Psalm 27:1-3, 5, 8-9

My Beloved, how beautifully and completely these verses sum up all that You are to me. I exult with the psalmist as I count and recount my many blessings because You are my God and I belong to You utterly.  There is no part of my life that is not under Your loving Lordship. I can trust You even though all hell is let lose around me for You keep me safe. When You encompass me my Lord no evil and no harm shall touch me. My body may perish but my soul will live in You and with You forever.

Through the day my Beloved, my heart remains in You and Yours in me. I need nothing more. Thank You for Your love which sustains me.

Mark 6:1-6

My Beloved, truly the blood of martyrs is the seed of Christians. It is wonderful my Lord the way suffering and persecution only serves to raise up men and women determined to give their lives to You completely even if it means having their head decapitated as John the Baptist did.

Evil believes that by killing the body they can have victory over good but good has always been able to prevail over evil as You have proved to the world. You will always raise up holy men and women, holy popes, priests and bishops, holy religious who will lead Your people. By their witness to the good News that saves many more will be baptized into Your Body and when You come again to celebrate the Feast of the Lamb, the faithful too numerous to count, will be  present.

Love has triumphed over hate. Good over evil. THE VICTORY IS WON!

No comments:

Post a Comment