Sunday, June 28, 2015

Wisdom 1:13-15, 2:23-24, 2 Corinthians 8:7, 9, 13-15, Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-13, Mark 5:21-43

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Wisdom 1:13-15, 2:23-24, 2 Corinthians 8:7, 9, 13-15, 
Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-13, 
Mark 5:21-43

Wisdom 1:13-15, 2:23-24

My Beloved, the God of Life created us for life but the envy of Satan caused us to fall, destroying our relationship with God. Our souls which were immortal though would be condemned to eternal separation from the Creator. The God of Love could not bear the separation and evil can never have the last word over God who is supreme over all. Your Father sent You to redeem what we had lost through foolishness, pride and falsehood. The magnitude of our sins demanded that the justice of God be satisfied. We could not do it but Someone could. One whom the Father loved, His Perfect and well beloved only Son would be able to restore what we had so wantonly lost.

My Beloved, the love of God ensures that all are saved except those who refuse to His gift of salvation.

2 Corinthians 8:7, 9, 13-15

My Beloved, Paul's words are inspired by Divine Wisdom. Baptized and grafted to our Body we have a share in Your gifts. However, they are given to us in order that we may use them for Your glory.  We are reminded that no one can out do You in generosity for You give all, even to laying down Your life we we may be released from death and receive new life. It is imperative that we share; a life of selfishness is a life that will eventually wither and die. The one who gives and the one who receives are equally blessed and both are equally satisfied for this is how God's law operated.

Psalm 30:2, 4-6, 11-13

My Beloved, we were created for life. We rejoice that You broke the chains that had snared us and was dragging us into the abyss. No matter how dreadfully we sin, You wait for us with all the ardor of a lover waiting for the beloved's return.  You bathe us with Your precious Blood, You restore us to life and You heal all our wounds and cure all our diseases.. Neither death nor sin has power over us for we are set free by Your Blood. We now have You for our Savior and Redeemer. You have wiped away our tears, You have clothed us in joy and gladness.We will sing of Your goodness and Your glory all the days of our life on earth and eternally in Your Presence in heaven.

Mark 5:21-43

TOSSING IN THE WIND - Jesus Asleep in the Boat


The dark clouds look forbidding,
As they fill a sullen sky,
The keening winds are wailing,
The waves are riding high.

The angry sea is frothing,
Tossing up my boat,
I’m hunkered down and wondering,
How long I’ll stay afloat.
I clench my knuckles grimly,
Head pressing on my knees,
My heart is pounding in my chest,
The rain begins to freeze.
I hear the sound of breathing,
I thought I was alone,
Crawling down the galley,
Cold, sore, wet to the bone.
I find the Master sleeping.,
His hand under His head,
Lying on a pillow,
His cloak around Him spread.
I smile and drawing closer,
I snuggle at His feet,
And though the storm is raging,
I too fall asleep.
In a dazzling flash of lightening,
I am suddenly aware,
That despite the raging storms,
God is always there.


Myra D’Souza/4th August 2009



No comments:

Post a Comment