Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Tobit 3:1-10, 16-17, Psalm 25:2-9, Mark 12:18-27

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Tobit 3:1-10, 16-17, Psalm 25:2-9, Mark 12:18-27

Tobit 3:1-10, 16-17

This we must always believe Lord, that You are just and merciful, and all that You do is prompted by love. You do not punish us for our sins, rather, taking upon Yourself our punishment You redeemed us. If we suffer it is because we have not been faithful and choose to walk in ways where You do not lead.

Here I am my Beloved, along with Tobit I say, "Do with me as You will. Do not leave me or forsake me, but remain with me always."

Just as You heard the pleadings and the cries of Tobit and Sara so also hear me when I pray and answer me.

Thank You.

Psalm 25:2-9

Jesus, my Lord and my God, teach me humility. Teach me to walk in Your ways and to be led by divine Truth. Give me the desire and the will to do what is right and pleasing to You always. Never let me stray from the path of life. Let the light of Your Word be a lamp to guide and strengthen me. I place all my hope and trust in You my Lord for I know that in You alone is my peace and joy.

Mark 12:18-27

My Beloved, it is easy to quibble about revealed truths and to bend it to suit our own interpretation or to make light of it by ridiculing it. Truth demands that it be accepted for what it reveals and to abide it. By making light of it one clearly desires not to take it seriously for if one did then it would demand that we accept it and live by it.

You certainly set the Sadducees straight when they tried to trivialise the resurrection and eternal life. Our God is a God of the living and not of the dead. when we are called from this life to the next, we will be one with You in spirit and in truth and we will have need of nothing for You will complete us in Your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment