Thursday, April 30, 2015

Acts 13:13-25, Psalm 89:2-3, 21-22, 25 & 27, John 13:16-20

Acts 13:13-25, Psalm 89:2-3, 21-22, 25 & 27, John 13:16-20

Acts 13:13-25

My Beloved, we ought never to forget that God is at the head of human affairs. He is the Creator and it is He who commands and orders all things according to His Providence. As long as we are led by His Spirit and by His Eternal Word, as long as we remain docile and childlike, we will enjoy peace and plenty even in the midst of turmoil, tribulation and want, for God never abandons His own.

We see in these verses as Paul speaks in the synagogue how it is God  who always takes the first step. God chose a people, God led them out of slavery by the most powerful signs, God fed His people for 40 years in the desert, God destroyed nations in order to give the land as an inheritance to the people He chose. God gave them prophets to rule them and when they asked for a king, God gave them kings and from among them was David of whom He said, "I have found David, the son of Jesse, a man after my own heart, who will do all I want him to do." These are words more aptly applied to You my Lord, for from the line of David we received the Son of God made Incarnate by the Holy Spirit in the womb of Your Virgin Mother, Mary. In You Beloved, every prophecy ever made is fulfilled.

Psalm 89:2-3, 21-22, 25 & 27

My Beloved, we the faithful who belong to the Church You established, who have experienced Your love and unwavering faithfulness, ought to sing your praises always. We thank You for our Holy Father Pope Francis Your Vicar on earth, whom You have chosen and anointed and on whom Your favor rests. Your hand has made Him firm and we have Your powerful assurance that nothing will every harm your Church or prevail over her. Despite all the turbulence in the world You vow to keep her steady over perilous water. You are truly our Rock, our God, our Savior and our Help.

John 13:16-20

My Beloved, Your Word is clear to those who believe. The Truth is this, "Truly, I say to you, whoever welcomes the one I send, welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me, welcomes the One who sent me.” Christians today are divided into a multitude of denominations because they  cherry pick those passages in the Bible that suits them. The Gospel they preach is more often than not according to their own human interpretation rather than the interpretation handed down by Your anointed Apostles to the Church who with the powerful help of the Holy Spirit, guards this Sacred Deposit of faith .  

In verses 16 & 17 You say, "Truly, I say to you, the servant is not greater than his master, nor is the messenger greater than he who sent him. Understand this, and blessed are you if you put it into practice." Here You tell us plainly that we are the servants and this is most especially true of the Ministers of Your Church. You are our Master. 

In verse 18 You tell us that it is You who have chosen the ones to whom the Good News is entrusted, "I am not speaking of you all, because I know the ones I have chosen and the Scripture has to be fulfilled that says, 'The one who shared my table has risen against me.'"  Those who belong to the Church You have founded are blessed for they are preserved by every one of Your promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment