Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Acts 4:32-37, Psalm 93:1-2, 5, John 3:7b-15

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Acts 4:32-37, Psalm 93:1-2, 5, John 3:7b-15

Acts 4:32-37

My Beloved, it is You who taught that in unity lies our strength and this truth was lived out perfectly among the Christians in the early Church. How far we have drifted from the ideal. We are products of our age greedy, selfish, proud, restless, dissatisfied and bored with everything. We live lives that are closed in upon ourselves and there is no room for anyone else. The early Church lived in an age of exceptional grace as verse 33 states because their lives in both word and deed testified to the power of the Resurrection.

We are each called to be our brother's keeper so there is no needy person in our community however, we prefer to live in isolation and ignorance of the plight of those in pain who are all around us lest we are called upon to do something about it, to share what we have fearful that if we do perhaps we will have less for ourselves.

Psalm 93:1-2, 5

My Beloved, we live in the age of the Resurrection and yet if we look at the world around us nothing seems further than this truth. We have a King who is seated at the right hand of God the Father robed in power, strength, glory and majesty. Your Word sustains all things seen and unseen. Your rule is everlasting, Your Law is worthy of obedience and trust because it is the law of love. Holiness is wrapped around You and flows from You and we who are members of Your Body wherein You make Your dwelling place ought to be holy too.  Have mercy on our world Beloved and save us by the power of Your Holy Spirit.

John 3:7b-15

My Beloved, to all who believe You say what You said to Nicodemus, "You must be born from above." Unless I yield to the life and power of the Holy Spirit in me I am unable to please You nor will I lead any one to You. It is only through he power of the Holy Spirit that I will be able to bear witness to the Good News that has saved me and saved the world.

Holy Spirit of God granted to me by the will of the Father and poured into me through the Beloved who desires to make my poor sinful body His temple, help me, lead me, teach me, enlighten me, grant me wisdom and the simplicity of a child so I may allow You to live and move in me always. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment