Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Isaiah 50:4-9, Psalm 69:8-10, 21bcd-22, 31, 33-34, Matthew 26:14-25

Isaiah 50:4-9, Psalm 69:8-10, 21bcd-22, 31, 33-34, Matthew 26:14-25

Isaiah 50:4-9

My Beloved, You willingly gave yourself up into the hands of wicked men. You always knew exactly what You would have to suffer - every lash, every fall, every jeer, it was all prophesied in detail. In addition to what Scripture had foretold, as God You knew the price that You were called to pay. While just a drop of Your Blood would have been enough to save the world, how could suffering humanity identify with You if You were not tried tested and humiliated as so many in the word are. We can bear our burdens when we recall that You suffered a well and You understand. With this knowledge comes grace to bear the burden because we are yoked to You and suddenly it is not so heavy for we have the joy of Your companionship on our way of the Cross to Calvary and beyond. Thank You.

Psalm 69:8-10, 21bcd-22, 31, 33-34

I am held in contempt for your sake, and shame has covered my face.
I have become a stranger to my kindred, an alien to my mother’s sons.
Zeal for your house consumes me as fire and those who insult you insult me as well.
Dishonor has driven me to despair; I looked for sympathy and there was none, for comforters and there was no one.
They gave me poison for food and vinegar to drink.
I will praise the name of God in song; I will glorify him with thanksgiving.
Let the lowly witness this and be glad. You who seek God, may your hearts be revived.
For the Lord hears the needy and does not despise those in captivity.

Matthew 26:14-25

My Beloved, how often we betray You in exchange for what will perish. How often we have sold our integrity because we lacked the courage to stand up for the truth.How readily excuses for our bad behaviour slither from our lips as we try to justify our sins. We keep selling You over and over again for 30 pieces of silver and in doing so we turn our backs on You.

You were aware that one of Your own was aiding and abetting those who plotted to take Your life. The true Passover was about to be celebrated You were to pass from death to life and before You left, You were preparing to give us the greatest treasure of all, that sustains us until You come again.It was both agony and ecstasy for despite the horror of what awaited You it was still a meal of celebration which would become a commemoration of Your life, death and resurrection.

My Beloved, preserve my soul from grave sin. May I never make a mockery of the fact that I am a member of Your Body, break Bread with You and then go out into the night of evil and betray You.

No comments:

Post a Comment