Thursday, November 5, 2009

Romans 14:8, 10,12

A TRUE CHILD OF GOD WOULD HURT NO ONE EITHER IN THOUGHT WORD OR DEED.

Romans 14:8, 10, 12
If we live, we live for the Lord, and if we die, we die for the Lord.  Either in life or death we belong to the Lord.  Then, why do  you criticize your brother or sister? And you, why do you despise them? For we will all appear at the tribunal of God.  So each of us will account for himself before God.

Beloved, thank You for reminding me that my only duty is to love and to forgive.  I can leave the judging of my neighbor to You, for as You rightly point out to me, each of us will account for himself before You. 

To the extent I open myself to Your love - whether consciously or unconsciously, to that extent alone can I experiece Your love.  It is I who limit You.  I don't want to - I want all of You my Beloved but You must teach me how to hunger, thirst and yearn for You every moment of every day.  This is what I want in my head.  Sweet Spirit of God grant me the grace to let the desire in my head become the desire of my heart and my very being.

I know I can trust my God to seek the lost, to save the sinner, to leave nothing unturned in the seeking and to triumphantly carry the sinner home on His shoulders.  My responsibility is to pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment