Sunday, November 8, 2009

1Kings 17:10-16



1Kings 17:10-16
So he set out and went to Zarephath. When he came to the gate of the town, a widow was there gathering sticks; he called to her and said, ‘Bring me a little water in a vessel, so that I may drink.’ As she was going to bring it, he called to her and said, ‘Bring me a morsel of bread in your hand.’ But she said, ‘As the Lord your God lives, I have nothing baked, only a handful of meal in a jar, and a little oil in a jug; I am now gathering a couple of sticks, so that I may go home and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it, and die.’ Elijah said to her, ‘Do not be afraid; go and do as you have said; but first make me a little cake of it and bring it to me, and afterwards make something for yourself and your son. For thus says the Lord the God of Israel: The jar of meal will not be emptied and the jug of oil will not fail until the day that the Lord sends rain on the earth.’ She went and did as Elijah said, so that she as well as he and her household ate for many days. The jar of meal was not emptied, neither did the jug of oil fail, according to the word of the Lord that he spoke by Elijah.

My Beloved, too often I am like widow, I think have nothing to give.  The little I have I keep for myself.  But You challenge me to share a little of all that I have.  To give it without fear and if I obey, You bless me abundantly.  Help me Lord to accept every challenge.  To put out into the deep as You command.  All You ask is obedience the results are up to You.

My Beloved, everything You did, You did for me.  You died that I may live.  Your resurrection gives me hope in my own resurrection.  You are now in heaven where You plead and intercede for me night and day so that where You are I too may be.

Myra, learn to give of yourself.  That is the hardest thing to do.  Once you master this giving other things become easier.  Remember my promises.  Hold on to them.  I have promised never to leave you.  I have promised to remain with my Church until the end of time. There is  no cause for you to be discouraged because I am in control.  Like the widow, give me your mite of time, and love.  Place them in the treasury of my heart and I will bless you a hundredfold.  Don't look at the sins of the world, rather, focus on Me and my love.  Stay by Me so that where I am You too may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment