Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Romans 12:8, 16, Psalm 131:1-2, Luke 14:16-17

Romans 12:8 & 16
Beloved, what wonderful advice St. Paul gives those who are serious about living the faith. We are one body in You and therefore we must be kind and considerate to one another.

Verse 8 says, "Give with an open hand."
and
Verse 16 says, "Do not dream of extraordinary things."

I must be content to be who I am - the person You created me to be with no delusions of grandeur. I am called to be in solidarity with my sisters and brothers in Christ.



Beloved, I love today's  Psalm 131:1-2
O Lord my heart is not lifted up, my eyes are not raised too high; I do  not occupy myself with things too great and too marvellous for me.  But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; my soul is like the weaned child that is with me.

Lord, give me a child's quiet trust and confidence in You. 


LUKE 14:6-17
Then Jesus said to him, "Someone gave a great dinner and invited many.  At the time of the dinner he sent his slave to say to those who had been invited, "Come; for everything is ready now."  But they all alike began to make excuses.

In order to feast at the Banquet in the Kingdom of God I must first respond to Your invitation.  How often in the past I have made excuses and I continue to do so because I am weak.  Help me Lord to always respond to Your call obediently, gladly, promptly and humbly- Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment