Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Wisdom 2:23 -- 3:1, 5-6 & 9, Psalm 34:15, 18-19, Luke 17:10


Wisdom 2:23--3:1, 5-6 & 9
God created man to be immortal in the likeness of His own nature...
The souls of the just are in the  hands of God and no torment shall touch them.  After slight affliction will come great blessings, for God has tried them and found them worthy to be with Him, after testing them as gold in the furnace, He has accepted them as a holocaust.  Those who trust in Him will penetrate the truth, t hose who are faithful will live with Him in love, for His grace and mercy are for His chosen ones.

Psalm 34:15, 18-19
He who fashions the  heart of each, observes all their deeds.  The Lord's eyes are upon those who fear Him, upon those who trust in His loving kindness to deliver them from death and preserve them from famine and distress.

Luke 17:10
When you have done all that you have been told to do, you must say:  "We are no more than servants; we have only done our duty."

My own Beloved God, today I wept copious tears as it is the birthday of our first born who is now home with You.  Thank You for your consolation in today's verses.  They bring me comfort and hope.  You speak to me through Your Word in Scripture and You wipe away my tears.  All that happens in my life is ordained by a good God who has the power to draw good and make right all the things that I do wrong.  Surrendering all to You my Beloved, I can trust You to write straight on the crooked lines of my life.  In the end, if I am faithful - it is only the faithfulness of a servant who has done her duty in serving her Master well - which I hope in grace I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment