Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Romans 5:18-19, Luke 12:35-38


Romans 5:18-19
Just as the sin of one man brought sentence of death to all men, so, too, one man bore the punishment, and brought pardon and life to all men, and as the disobedience of one only made many sinners, so the obedience of one man allowed a multitude to be just and holy.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
My Beloved, if like You this was the rule of my life, prompt, joyful obedience to the will of God, my heart would be glad and at peace all day long.  Doing the will of Your Father was delightful to You because Your love for Him was complete.   It was a total surrender to love.  How unlike You I am.  I am weak wilful, disobedient, sinful, proud, boastful.  Help me my Beloved to become more like You.  Thank You for grace that makes it possible not only to desire holiness but to strive to be holy as well.
*********************************************************************
Luke 12:35-38
 ‘Be dressed for action and have your lamps lit; be like those who are waiting for their master to return from the wedding banquet, so that they may open the door for him as soon as he comes and knocks. Blessed are those slaves whom the master finds alert when he comes; truly I tell you, he will fasten his belt and have them sit down to eat, and he will come and serve them. If he comes during the middle of the night, or near dawn, and finds them so, blessed are those slaves.
*****************************************************************************************
What a timely reminder You give us today in today's Gospel reading.  I must be ready for Your arrival at any time.  How glad You will be if You see me wide awake and prepared for You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment