Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Isaiah 40:28-29, 31, Matthew 11:28:30


Isaiah 40:28-29, 31
Have you not known, have you not heard that Yahweh is an everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth?  He does not grow tired or weary, His knowledge is without limit.  He gives strength to the enfeebled, He gives vigor to the wearied.  Those who hope  in Yahweh will renew their strength.  They will soar as with eagle's wings; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and never tire.

Matthew 11:28-30
Jesus said to the crowds: "Come to me, all you who work hard and who carry heavy burdens and I will refresh you.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble of  heart; and you will find rest.  For my yoke is easy and my burden light.

My Beloved, You have called me to holiness and I must respond.  What does it mean to be holy?  It means modelling my life on that of Mary, Your Mama and mine, the holiest of all Your creatures.

Desiring to be holy is only the first step, I must live each moment aware of this great calling.  You  know perfectly well my Beloved, that I cannot do this alone and so You make available to me the sacraments.  You give me Yourself as food for my soul and You gave me Your Father and Mother for my own for it is You who taught me to call God Abba.

No comments:

Post a Comment