Saturday, May 16, 2009

Psalm 51:1-4, 6-7, 10-11 & 17
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love;according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you alone, have I sinned, and done what is evil in your sight,so that you are justified in your sentence and blameless when you pass judgement. You desire truth in the inward being; therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Do not cast me away from your presence, and do not take your holy spirit from me. The sacrifice acceptable to God is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.
%%%
Job 13:23
How many are my iniquities and my sins? Make me know my transgression and my sin.
@@@
My God make known to me all my sins, all my faults, my weaknesses and failings; however, once I have confessed them let me not be scrupulous and worry about them. May I be childlike enough to leave all to You tender mercy and compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment