Saturday, May 30, 2009


Mark 11:12-14
On the following day, when they came from Bethany, He was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, He went to see whether perhaps He would find anything on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs. He said to it, ‘May no one ever eat fruit from you again.’ And His disciples heard it.

%%%

My Jesus, You are hungry for my love yet when You come to me, You find me barren. I look very good from the exterior full of healthy green , shiny leaves - all pomp and show - but the hungry remain hungry for I have nothing to offer. There is no season for love - all year round I am called to feed the hungry and give drink to the thirsty. You have said, "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren You do it to Me." If I wait until I am ready to bear fruit I never will be. My life has to be an outpouring of self always in imitation of You - help me Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment