Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hosea 2:19-20
You will be my spouse forever, bethrothed in justice and integrity; we will be united in love and tenderness. I will espouse you in faithfulness and you will come to know God.
^^^
My Beloved Jesus, what a beautiful passage. Since I am one body in You along with the Church and since in marriage the two become one- so You make me Your spouse. The marks of my bethrothal are justice and integrity. To be just as You are just, is to see the whole view and thus to be merciful and compassionate. Integrity, what a beautiful word, to have integrity in all I say and do means I can be trusted. You will make me faithful for on my own I will fail and fall every time. And finally, You promise that I will come to know You. To know in the scriptural sense implies intimacy. It is a knowledge and union between God and His people, it is a knowledge between spouses, it is a self-donation which yields life.

No comments:

Post a Comment