Sunday, May 17, 2009

Luke 13:23-25
Someone asked him, ‘Lord, will only a few be saved?’ He said to them, ‘Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able. When once the owner of the house has got up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, “Lord, open to us”, then in reply he will say to you, “I do not know where you come from.”
#####
I can enter by the narrow door when I make You the treasure of my heart and the focus of my life. When the world and all it offers does not distract me with its passing pleasures. When I can rest in You as a weaned child against its mother's breast. You will know where I come from if I follow the Way that You have marked for me. For You have said, ‘If anyone wants to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.' Give me this grace Lord to stay close to You every day.

My Beloved Jesus, when we love as You love, when we pour out ourselves in love-giving and life-giving love in imitation of You, then we will love with the power given to us by the Holy Spirit. As one body in You, we will be taken up in the eternal dance of love between You and the Father in the Holly Spirit. We will become one in the Triune God because we are one with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment