Monday, August 10, 2015

2 Corinthians 9:6-10, Psalm 112:1-2, 5-9, John 12:24-26

 DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

2 Corinthians 9:6-10, Psalm 112:1-2, 5-9, John 12:24-26

2 Corinthians 9:6-10


My Beloved, there is no giver as generous as God. Everything belongs to You and out of Your storehouse of abundance You are delighted to pour upon those who ask, every good and perfect gift. You ask us to do the same. We are called to give with abandon, the way God gives, never counting the cost especially when it comes to loving service. It is easy to give of things, it is far more difficult to give ourselves, our time, kindness, patience, a gentle word, or even only a smile. So much easier to give money or things – we give it and we consider we have done our duty.

You ask so much more of us Beloved. You who lay down Your life for us expects us to do the same for each other. In loving our neighbor we love You as You desire to be loved. Teach me Lord more and more each day how to follow You closely and imitate You in every way. Grant me a deeply grateful heart and in my gratitude for Your immense goodness, grant that I may share Your goodness with everyone I meet each day.

Psalm 112:1-2, 5-9

My Beloved, in these verses we have a blueprint of one who is virtuous. One who knows and loves God with all his might and strives to be pleasing to God in all things. On one such as this, God’s favor rests and not only on her or him but on their children as well. Fear of grieving the Lord through sin is a healthy fear. We are afraid of wounding those we love greatly. We are also called to love our neighbor.

Those who love You never walk in darkness for Your light illumines their life. Your command serves to guide them along this difficult journey from earth to the Father’s house. You assure those who live godly lives that all will go well for them because they put all their faith and trust in You. Nothing will shake their deep faith no matter what disasters may take place around them for they know in whom they have placed their trust and You will never let them down.
 
Those who love You give generously for they know that all they have they have received and You desire that we share with others what You have given us, for they have a right to receive their share from the hands of those who received it from You.

John 12:24-26

My Beloved, when You begin with the words, “Truly, I say to you.” We should sit up and pay attention for You are revealing eternal truths. You say, “Unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies it remains alone but if it dies it produces much fruit.” And then You did exactly what You said – You died, You were buried, You rose again and now the harvest that Your dying produced is abundant.

Teach me to learn to die to myself a little each day and in dying to self to allow life to abound around me. Help me to yield a great harvest too for the Kingdom of God. I do love my life Beloved and my creature comforts. Through the living Presence of Your Holy Spirit in me may I learn how to give up my easy and selfish indulgent ways and give and serve more readily and generously.

Keep me humble always.

No comments:

Post a Comment