Thursday, September 3, 2015

Colossians 1:9-14, Psalm 98:2-6, Luke 5:1-11

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Colossians 1:9-14, Psalm 98:2-6, Luke 5:1-11


Colossians 1:9-14

My  Beloved, every prayer that St. Paul is praying for the Colossians is a prayer which is for me as well. I claim it for myself and I ask that You may grant it in order that I may be pleasing to you in all things. Grant my Beloved that I, slowly but surely, attain the full knowledge of Your will through all the gifts that the Holy Spirit generously pours out on all who ask in Your Name, especially the gifts of divine wisdom and spiritual understanding. May my lifestyle be a witness to what I confess I believe and worthy of a child of God. Grant that I bear good fruit through every action, fruit that will last.

I am weak Lord. I am buffeted on every side by my own feelings which tend to bear me down and I am easily discouraged. Grant me Your strength. Grant me the wisdom to draw on the infinite graces and merits that You grant me during the daily celebration of the Holy Eucharist where I feed on Your Flesh and drink Your Blood which gives me life. Grant me endurance and perseverance in joy as I live out every moment under the shadow of Your wings.

Psalm 98:2-6

My Beloved, our lives are so much more than the small boundaries within which we hem ourselves in. You have set us free from the slavery of sin and from our self absorption. You give us a wide and glorious vision of our destiny. We are saved and man, woman and child from the first to the last in every age and in every generation.  God has revealed His love for us in You, He did not spare His only and most Beloved Son but sent You into the world to become the Victim for our sins and the means by which we could return to the Father’s house.

We ought to exult all our days and every moment at the marvelous things that You have obtained for us. Grant me this grace to make melody to you all my waking hours and asleep may my spirit and my soul take up the melody and songs of praise.

Luke 5:1-11

My Beloved, the people who are listening to the Word of God are unaware that the Person who is speaking to them is in truth the Eternal Word of the Father in whom and through whom all things came to be. We are told that there are two boats and that You chose to enter the boat belonging to Simon Peter which is significant for this is the boat which represents the Church and the fullness of Truth. All that is taught from here is what has issued forth from the Word of God who will remain with the Church until the end of time and preserve her from teaching error.

No comments:

Post a Comment