Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Colossians 1:1-8, Psalm 52:10-11, Luke 4:38:44

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Colossians 1:1-8, Psalm 52:10-11, Luke 4:38:44

Colossians 1:1-8

My Beloved, Your grace and peace are the gifts of the Father to me. The Word of God abides in me and bears fruit ever since I first received and accepted it. You have sent many ministers of Your Word to teach and instruct me especially through the Sacraments that You instituted. Your peace is eternal and abides in all who know You, love You, serve You and are obedient to Your will.

Continue my Beloved to dwell in me and may Your Word grant me the courage I need to live every moment in perfect submission to Your holy will. 

Psalm 52:10-11

I am as a green  olive tree that thrives in the house of God: I trust in God’s unfailing love forever and ever.
Thank You my Beloved for these beautiful words that give me peace and encourage me. I will trust in You for Your love is everlasting and You are worthy of trust. May my lips speak of Your goodness always.

Luke 4:38:44

My Beloved, You were constantly fulfilling the mission on which the Father sent You. Simon’s mother in law is sick with a high fever and they asked You to do something for her. Rebuking the fever which left instantly she got up and served You and those with You. I too have been healed and now I am called to serve. You spent Yourself until sunset doing the Father’s work and at dawn You needed to spend time alone with Him, One with Him in order to glory and bask in Your love for each other. It is love that enabled You to go from one town to another resting briefly and moving on. You did not wait for appreciation nor would You let anyone slow and bog You down. You had to touch, teach and preach to as many as possible during Your brief mission before laying down Your life for us.

Grant me the grace to be rooted in You always so I can draw from You all the grace, courage and strength is need from moment to moment.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment