Friday, July 24, 2009

John 6:16-21

John 6:16-21
When evening came, his disciples went down to the shore

The disciples were tired - they were with You from early morning winding up the long day with the feeding of the 5000 and then cleaning up after they left .
Sometimes Lord, I get tired after all the work is done.

After a while they got into a boat to make for Capernaum on the other side of the sea for it was now dark and Jesus was not with them.

Between the time they were on the shore and got into the boat what were they discussing? This verse says that You were not with them my Lord.
I too make many plans, have heated discusions but I do not invite You into these discussions - all is being done without You.

But the sea was getting rough because a strong wind was blowing.

The natural outcome without You is that the sea gets rough, the winds of difficulty and uncertainty start blowing and I get buffeted around unable to find peace.

They had rowed about three or four miles, when they saw Jesus walking on the sea and He was drawing near to the boat. They were frightehed, but He said to them, ‘It is I; do not be afraid.’

I keep floundering without You and all the while Your eye is on me and then You come to me and seeing my fear You calm me with the beautiful words, "It is I, don't be afraid."

They wanted to take him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the shore to which they were going.

When I let go of my plans and ideas You will take me to the place where I am meant to be. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment