Monday, November 30, 2015

Romans 10:9-18, Psalm 19:8-11, Matthew 4:18-22

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Romans 10:9-18, Psalm 19:8-11, Matthew 4:18-22

Romans 10:9-18

My Beloved, today You tell me that true righteousness comes from believing in You and in the Resurrection. If I believe in You then I shall do nothing, think nothing and say nothing that will make me ashamed.  Sin shames.  Beloved we have Your assurance that anyone who calls on Your Name will be saved for You are generous and merciful and the greater the sin our confidence in Your infinite mercy.  Here St. Paul reminds us of the duty of every believer for there are many who have never heard of You how then can they be saved? I am called to preach about You for through Baptism and Confirmation I have been given my mission. You send me to speak about You and be Your witness so those who hear me will believe in You and be saved. I have been empowered with Your help I shall not fail.

Psalm 19:8-11

The law of the Lord is perfect for it is the law of love and with love comes life. God’s commandments are neither vague nor are the suggestions – He speaks clearly and we who are created by God who knows us and desires our good must obey them if we are to live happy and fruitful lives. Wisdom comes from knowing God’s Word which is alive and active and has the power to penetrate every heart.  To fear God is the beginning of wisdom for when we know God and how awesome His power and yet who is humble and stoops constantly over His little ones, we ought to tremble in fear from ever offending our God of Love. God alone is the righteous judge there is no other – we will be wise to leave all judgment to Him alone. God’s Word made Flesh and Blood in the Eucharist is sweeter than honey which drops from the honeycomb and gives us life that wells up to eternity.
Matthew 4:18-22

My Beloved, You are constantly looking for disciples. You seek us and when You find us You extend the same invitation that You extended to the disciples, “Come follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men.” Our mission is to spread the Good News that we are saved by Your Cross and Resurrection. No matter how caught up we are in the things of the world our response to Your Call must be immediate and total. We leave everything that would hinder us behind – possessions, family and the fleeting pleasures of the world and follow You. In this is perfect happiness. When You call You also make available the grace to respond to the call all we have to do is be attentive and obey.         

No comments:

Post a Comment