Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tobit 12:6-9
Raphael called the two men aside privately and said to them: "Thank God! Give him the praise and the glory. Before all the living, acknowledge the many good things he has done for you, by blessing and extolling his name in song. Before all men, honor and proclaim God's deeds, and do not be slack in praising him. A king's secret it is prudent to keep, but the works of God are to be declared and made known. Praise them with due honor. Do good, and evil will not find its way to you. Prayer and fasting are good, but better than either is almsgiving accompanied by righteousness. A little with righteousness is better than abundance with wickedness. It is better to give alms than to store up gold; for almsgiving saves one from death and expiates every sin. Those who regularly give alms shall enjoy a full life.
---

My Beloved, You remind me in these verses to thank God and give Him all the glory for the marvellous things He has done and is doing for me. You also remind me to do good, to fast and to give alms and to live a just life.

Tobit 8:15-16
Then Raguel praised the God of heaven in these words: "Blessed are you, O God, with every holy and pure blessing! Let all your chosen ones praise you; let them bless you forever! Blessed are you, who have made me glad; what I feared did not happen. Rather you have dealt with us according to your great mercy.

@@@

May heaven and earth join me in blessing You beloved God and Father of my Lord Jesus Christ. Like Tobias I say, "What I feared did not happen for you have treated me with kindness. You have blessed us and filled us with joy. Praise the Lord! Praise You my own beloved Jesus Christ, Lord of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment