Sunday, May 3, 2009


1John 3:1-2 See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and that is what we are. The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know Him. Beloved, we are God’s children now; what we will be has not yet been revealed. What we do know is this: when He is revealed, we will be like Him, for we will see Him as He is.
Self-giving love, self-emptying love, self-donating love, self-sacrificial love - This is God's love for me. Love that did not count the cost. In order to make me His child, He sent His Son to die in order that I may live and Jesus who also wants me to live, willingly and joyfully laid down His life for me. This is indeed Good News which I should be proclaiming from the roof tops but I am not only self-centered, I make excuses to be silent instead of shouting in exultation.

Acts 4:12 There is no salvation in anyone else, for there is no other Name given to humankind all over the world by which we may be saved.

All Christians believe this to be true - there is only One through Whom we receive salvation. So many do not know Jesus and those of us who do, are content to sit on our hands, we do nothing to communicate this truth to others in order that they too may inherit God's Kingdom.
John 10:18 No one takes My life from Me, but I lay it down freely. It is Mine to lay down and to take up again: this mission I received from My Father.

Dying You destroyed our death. Rising You restored our life. Lord Jesus, come in glory!!! Maranatha!!! In the meantime help me to be a faithful and better witness. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment