Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Romans 13:8, 10, Luke 14:27, 33 and Psalm 112:1-2



Romans 13:8, 10
Let this be the only debt of one to another:  Love.
Love cannot do the neighbor any harm; so love fulfils the whole law.

My Beloved to love You in response to Your unfathomable and infinite love for me.  To let that love fill me and overflow from me to all around me.  This would be most pleasing to You.  Help me to love!

Luke 14:27, 33
Whoever does not follow me carrying his own cross cannot be my disciple.  In the same way, none of you may become my disciple if he doesn't give up everything he has.

To be a true disciple is to empty oneself of everything and be ready to imbibe and follow the way of the Master.  I must think like Him, have faith in Him.  His way must become my way, my rule of life and I must be a witness to Him.  I must be prepared to pay the price of my discipleship.

Am I willing?  To what extent am I prepared to embrace the Master and all that such a discipleship involves?

Psalm 112:1-2
Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who finds delight in His word.  His children will be powerful on earth; the upright generation will be blessed.

Today the Church celebrates the feast of St. Charles Borromeo.

Dear St. Charles Borromeo - today I wish to entrust my sons to your intercession before Jesus.  Pray for them that they may be worthy children of God.

Dear St. Catherine of Siena - I entrust my daughter to  your prayers and intercession before Jesus that she may be a worthy daughter of God. 

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment