Friday, October 30, 2009

Romans 9:1, Psalm 147:13, Luke 14:1-6


Romans 9:1
I tell you sincerely in Christ, and my conscience assures me in the Holy Spirit that I am not lying: I have great sadness and constant anguish for the Jews.

My Beloved, after reading this Scripture verse I realise that I feel the same sadness because some of my own family members are not only far away from You but are quite uninterested in getting any closer.  Thank You for speaking a word of consolation to me in Psalm 147:13 "He strengthens the bars of your gates and blesses your children within you."  I know that I can trust You to keep Your word my Lord and King.

Luke 14-1-6
My Beloved, the pharisees deliberately set out to trap You on that Sabbath by bringing that man sufffering from dropsy and making sure You saw him.  Their intentions were evil - but it was possible for You to draw good from their evil intentions.  You  healed him.  The pharisees were not prepared to answer Your questions because it would show them up for what they really were.  How often we too are like that.  We wait for people to trip up and fall and then we are ready to criticize.  Forgive me my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment