Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mark 10:46-52

Mark 10:46-52
 They came to Jericho. As he and his disciples and a large crowd were leaving Jericho, Bartimaeus son of Timaeus, a blind beggar, was sitting by the roadside. When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout out and say, ‘Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!’ Many sternly ordered him to be quiet, but he cried out even more loudly, ‘Son of David, have mercy on me!’ Jesus stood still and said, ‘Call him here.’ And they called the blind man, saying to him, ‘Take heart; get up, he is calling you.’ So throwing off his cloak, he sprang up and came to Jesus. Then Jesus said to him, ‘What do you want me to do for you?’ The blind man said to him, ‘My teacher,* let me see again.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Go; your faith has made you well.’ Immediately he regained his sight and followed him on the way.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
My Beloved, I thank You for my early childhood and for the good seed planted in my soul by Mother Adelrich and all the good sisters in the convent.  Much of that seed lay buried waiting to spring to life.  For a while, in my last years in school, college and up until the earliest part of my marriage, I allowed myself to become spiritually blind.  But there was always a deep longing for You.  I knew I needed You but I was not ready and willing to give up the things that kept me from embracing You fully until the day when You had enough of my dithering and You woke me up from my deep slumber.  From profound sorrow and anguish springs unfettered joy as Your own passion, death  and glorious resurrection witness to the world.  I came to You like Bartimaeus and cried out to You and wept and You touched and healed me of my blindness.  Like Bartimaeus, I follow You.  I am still on the journey.  There is a lot of baggage that I still need to get rid of, like Bartimaeus who got rid of his cloak because it acted as an impediment to his haste in running to You. 

Today, standing before You together with my guardian angel, my Mama Mary, the Father and the Holy Spirit, I ask that the Holy Spirit may become my Teacher and Guide.  I wish to become sensitive to His direction in order that I may please You in all things. Lord, graciously hear my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment