Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Isaiah 40:25-31, Psalm 103:1-4, 8, 10, Matthew 11:28-30

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Isaiah 40:25-31, Psalm 103:1-4, 8, 10, Matthew 11:28-30

Isaiah 40:25-31

My Beloved, here You remind us how intimately You are united with us. How You care for us and provide all we need. You strengthen us when we are weak, You give us courage when we are afraid, You carry us when we are tired. There is no God like You O Lord our Creator, Helper and Redeemer. You bear our burdens, You comfort us and You have pledged to remain with us always until the end of the world.
 
Psalm 103:1-4, 8,10

My Beloved, we do not deserve a God like You yet You love us and bless us. We do not deserve Your compassion or Your mercy but You know that we are weak and without You we would perish. You love us with an everlasting love and You have claimed us for Yourself.

Along with the psalmist I too bless Your Name O Lord from the rising of the sun to its setting. May I never forget how loving, kind and gracious You are to me even though I do not deserve it. Thank You for Your mercy and loving compassion which never comes to an end.  Thank You for not treating as we deserve but loving us so passionately that You lay down Your life for us so we may not perish but have everlasting life.

Matthew 11:28-30

My Beloved, my Lord and my God, truly I do not deserve love such as Yours. Thank You for Your kind, compassionate and merciful invitation to come to You in my weariness and when the burden of living gets too much for me. Thank You for Your invitation to carry my troubles and to refresh me. Thank You for Your invitation to lay Your yoke of love upon me – yoked to You my Lord all my troubles in life are easier to bear. Your burden of love is sweet and light – lay it upon me Beloved it will keep me united to You always.

No comments:

Post a Comment