Thursday, August 6, 2009

Psalm 19:8:16

The law of the Lord is perfect, it gives life to the soul; the word of the Lord is trustworthy; it gives wisdom to the simple.
The law of God commands us to love Him and our neighbor. The Word is Jesus.
The precepts of the Lord are right, they give joy to the heart; the commandment of the Lord are clear, they enlighten the eyes;
The precepts of the Church teach us to be selfless. The entire law is summed up in the two commandments given by Jesus – obey them and you will be pleasing to God and man alike.
The fear of the Lord is pure, it endures forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and altogether just and right.
To fear God is to love Him so completely that one is afraid to do anything that would hurt that friendship.
More precious are they than gold - even pure gold of the highest quality; they are much sweeter than honey, and drippings of the honeycomb.
What our God ordains and decides is perfect. Accept them in love and humility and one is at peace.
They are light to your servant, keeping them is indeed a great reward.
There is a certain freedom in walking in complete accord with what God wants.
But how can I discern my own errors? Forgive my failings of which I am unaware.
It is easy to deceive oneself into thinking what is wrong is right and v.v.
Help me also keep away from willful sin. Would that I walk blameless, and innocent of transgression.
May my God in His love preserve me from such error. To walk with God with the trust of a child free from grave sin enables me to live in harmony with my God, my neighbor, myself and the universe.
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart find favor in your sight, O Lord – my redeemer, my rock.
May all my life praise You and may it be pleasing to You my Rock, my Redeemer, my Sure Foundation, my Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment