Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mark 9:35-37


He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, ‘Whoever wants to be first must be last of all and servant of all.’ Then He took a little child and put it among them; and taking it in His arms, He said to them, ‘Whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me, and whoever welcomes me welcomes not me but the one who sent me.’

*************************************

My Beloved, , You take all the values of the world and spin them on their head. The world wants us to push and shove in order to be first. You say, If someone wants to be first let him be last of all and servant of all. Blessed Mother Teresa and St. Francis of Assisi come to mind as wonderful examples of those who followed Your way.


Lord, children in our world today are used, misused and thought of as a nuisance or are over indulged to the point of stupidity lacking discipline and self-control. Your loving arms are around every child and You warn of serious consequences should we fail these little ones. In fact if we reject them, we reject Your Father and if we welcome them we welcome the Father.

Psalm 59:10-11

O my strength, I look up to You, for You O my God are my fortress. My loving God will come to help me.

God walks with us. He sends His angels to accompany us. He feeds us with Himself in order that we may be strong to fight and overcome evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment