Thursday, June 4, 2009

Isaiah 43:18-19
Do not dwell on the past, or remember or the things of old. Look, I am doing a new thing: it springs forth now. Do you not see? I am opening up a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.
Isaiah 44:2-3, 6, 8
This is what Yahweh says, He who made you and will help you, He who formed you from the womb: Fear not, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen. For I will pour water on the thirsty land and streams on the dry ground. I will pour my spirit upon your race and my blessing upon your offspring. This is what the Lord says, Israel's King and Redeemer, Yahweh Sabaoth: I am the first and I am the last and there is no other God besides me. Do not be afraid or be troubled. Have I not proclaimed and foretold this long ago? You are my witnesses; Is there a God besides me or another Rock? I would know him.
*****
My beloved Jesus, looking at the past is futile, we become immobile - a pillar of salt like Lot's wife. You want me to keep my gaze fixed on the goal and to move in faith, hope and love. You who created me will lead me, for You have made me for Yourself. You knew me in my mother's womb and You will help me. You will give me all I need to become what You have destined me to be. You end with a note of assurance for You know how weak I am and so You say, "Do not be afraid or be troubled." Thank You my Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment