Sunday, March 22, 2015

Jeremiah 31:31-34, Hebrew 5:7-9, Psalm 51:3-4, 12-15, John 12:20-23

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Jeremiah 31:31-34, Hebrew 5:7-9, Psalm 51:3-4, 12-15, 
John 12:20-23

Jeremiah 31:31-34

My Beloved, how eloquently the prophet Jeremiah was inspired to speak of You ad the New Covenant that God would make with man. A Covenant that He would seal with Your Precious Blood thus making it irrevocable. A Covenant that will last eternally. The first Covenant became obsolete when man destroyed it by disobedience but God found a way to heal the rift between Himself and His creatures.

Thank You for the Covenant of Love written on our hearts through the gift of faith at baptism. Thank You for Yourself as our God and claiming us as Your people. Thank You for the commandment of Love that calls us to love our brothers and sisters as we love ourselves. Thank You for revealing Yourself to us and making known to us that God's nature is love. Thank You for forgiveness of our sins and for remembering them no more. 

Hebrew 5:7-9

My Beloved, there is no human emotion that is beyond Your ability to understand You took upon Yourself our humanity and experienced the whole gamut of human experience. If we suffer You sympathise and comfort for You too were afraid and did not ant to suffer. You shed tears and groaned with the weight of Your suffering You wanted the p of sorrow to be taken aways from Your lips if it were possible but You were obedient and humble. You submitted to the Cross because the Father willed it. through Your passion and death You taught us how to face both. You taught us the value of humility and obedience. You showed us that death does not have the last word. If we in turn are obedient, we will be saved and will be given a share in Your reward.

Psalm 51:3-4, 12-15

My Beloved, have mercy on me. I am sorry for having offended You by my sins. I am weak and unworthy I fall easily when tempted but You are a God of love and compassion. Remember the price You paid to redeem y soul from the snares of the enemy. I am sorry, please forgive me. I throw myself at Your feet Beloved. Do not turn from me but rescue me from the traps that have saned me. Wash me and cleanse me with the Blood and Water that flowed from Your pierced side. Draw me close to You once more. Heal the brokenness in me and restore my relationship with the Father. Fill my soul once more with Your peace and Your joy.

John 12:20-23

My Beloved, foreigners had heard of You and were interested in meeting You. The prophecies were all being fulfilled and the time for the most perfect and acceptable sacrifice as quickly approaching. You knew that only in dying can new life be experienced. A seed is only a seed until it is buried in the dark soil and allows itself to die in order that the life within it is set free and can grow. You came to die, Your death was necessary if we were to live. You taught us that our mortal existence is brief an d no matter how hard we try to prolong it, it is doomed to end. However, if we are prepared to die to our inherent weaknesses, bad habits, even literally laying down our lives for the sake of the Gospel everlasting life in You will be our reward

You came into the world to die, to be raised up between earth and heaven in order to draw every man, woman and child to Yourself. Thank You Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment