Monday, September 7, 2009

Psalm 62:6-7, 9 & Colossians 2:2-3

Psalm 62: 6-7, 9
Find rest in God alone, O my soul, from Him comes my hope. He alone is my Rock and my salvation, with Him as my stronghold, I shall not be overcome. Trust in Him at all times my people, pour out your hearts before Him; God is our refuge.

My Beloved, I could not receive better advice than these verses. What do I need when I have You, when I can run to You with every problem, in every distress and trouble. I can trust You. I can hide in You. I can lean on You. You are ready and willing to listen no matter how long I cry and no matter how often.
Colossians 2:2-3
May you be established in love, that you may obtain all the riches of a full understanding and know the mystery of God, Christ Himself. For in Him are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Today's Gospel reading in Luke 6:6-11 speaks of the man with the withered hand whom You healed on the sabbath. This infuriated the Pharisees and they began to plot against You. How the Pharisees hated You my Lord. There are many today who hate You with the same vitriolic hatred. They would try to kill You again if they could - in any case they try to kill You by trying to blot You out in various ways.

Apart from all this Lord, my hand is often withered and shortened because I have not used it to reach out in generous service. Heal me my Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment