Sunday, September 6, 2009

Isaiah 35:5, Mark 7:32-35, Psalm 146:8

Isaiah 35:5
Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf unsealed.

Mark 7:
They brought to him a deaf man who had an impediment in his speech; and they begged him to lay his hand on him. He took him aside in private, away from the crowd, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spat and touched his tongue. Then looking up to heaven, he sighed and said to him, ‘Ephphatha’, that is, ‘Be opened.’ And immediately his ears were opened, his tongue was released, and he spoke plainly.

Psalm 146:8
The Lord opens the eyes of the blind.The Lord lifts up those who are bowed down; the Lord loves the righteous.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


My Beloved, there is a similar thread that is woven into the readings of today as well as the Psalm. Yes, You are a healer but there is more that the passages speak of. I am like the deaf-mute. Often I cannot hear You or I refuse to hear and when I am deaf I am unable to articulate my faith or live it. I need You, through the Sacrament of Reconciliation, to touch me with outward signs so that my soul wells up with inward grace. You say,"Go, your sins are forgiven - sin no more," and then You bless me as a sign that as You have said, so it is. Continue to stay with me Lord and lead me into all truth. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment