Thursday, July 23, 2009

Matthew 17:5-8

Matthew 17:5-8

vs 5
Peter was still speaking when a bright cloud covered them in its shadow, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is My Son, the Beloved, My Chosen One, listen to Him.

Just like Peter I am often so full of myself and yet in Your goodness and kindness You intervene, You cover me in the Shadow of Your Presence and Your remind me that Jesus is Your Beloved, the One You sent in order to redeem and save and I must listen to Him and obey Him.

vs 6
On hearing the voice, the disciples fell to the ground, full of fear.

Often Lord I too am so afraid that I become paralysed with fear wondering what You will ask of me - instead of just trusting You for You are love, mercy, pity and compassion.

vs 7
But Jesus came, touched them and said, "Stand up, do not be afraid."

You never abandon me Lord, not only do You come, but You touch me personally in the Eucharist and every time and all the time You touch me spiritually. You tell me stand up and not be afraid. I must stand up, erect, firm, tall and ready - not curled up in fear or laziness or self-will.

vs 8
When they raised their eyes, they no longer saw anyone except Jesus.

When I raise my eyes and take my gaze away from all other distractions, I will see nothing and no one else but Jesus. Jesus in every person I encounter.

"Remember this Myra, I never abandon my own."

Thank You my Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment