Saturday, October 24, 2015

Romans 7:18-25A, Psalm 119:66, 68, 76, 93-94, Luke 12:54-59

DAILY HOLY MASS READINGS

Romans 7:18-25A, Psalm 119:66, 68, 76, 93-94, Luke 12:54-59

Romans 7:18-25A


My Beloved, this is the eternal cry of both sinner and saint. We long to do what is good, right and noble. We want to choose to do what God wills and yet we allow our flesh to drag us in to the miry depths of sin. Our struggle is universal. Saints, cooperating with the grace that you make freely available to all, slowly but surely gain mastery over their will because they allow Your love to dictate their actions because they love You more than they love themselves.

Every one of us struggles against concupiscence. Many fall by the wayside. For all it is a lifelong battle and our victory or our loss depends on how much freedom we allow You and Your Holy Spirit to act in us, move in us and have Your way with us.  It is all grace my Lord; grace that is made available to all who desire it. The Saints knew this. To live in the freedom of the children of God and not to be conformed to the world and enslaved to the flesh for some of us often seems a losing battle yet this is not true. God stoops over us tenderly and will always grant us all the grace we need if we ask.

Psalm 119:66, 68, 76, 93-94

My Beloved, verse 94 says, “Save me for I am Yours.” Yes, I belong to You. You have redeemed me. You have ransomed me. You have written Your law of love on my heart. Thank You for Your Holy Spirit and the gift of Wisdom that He freely grants us along with all the other gifts. Thank You for Your unfailing love and mercy even though I sin and fall several times a day.  Grant me the grace to keep Your commandments of love and I will be pleasing to You all the days of my life.

Luke 12:54-59

My Beloved, the consequences of sin is death. You came to give us life in abundance but we refuse to choose life and love we would rather live a life that offers temporary satisfaction and pleasure rather than working out our salvation with fear and trembling. There is a day of reckoning whether we believe in it or not. You have fulfilled the plan of God to perfection and having done all that the Father asked You are now seated in glory at the Father’s right hand. It is now up to us to follow You in the Way You have shown us, to believe in the Truth that You have revealed and to receive Your Life through the Sacraments.

It is up to me now to choose either life or death.

No comments:

Post a Comment